Thursday, March 26, 2015

Final(e) Post - Week 6

It’s always that “e” that separates regular, everyday words from ballet words… *sigh*

Anyways, this is it guys... my final post :( I never thought I’d say this, but I’ve actually taken a liking to blogging (does that make me a nerd? haha). I love this style of writing, especially because I get to write basically exactly how I would talk. Plus, the puns are AMAZING. (It makes reading other blogs a lot more fun too. :D) Would it be bad if the part of blogging that I will miss the most is the puns?

rosin (not drugs) - when crushed and applied to
dance shoes they prevent slipping
WARNING: don't get it on your hands, its disgusting
On a completely different (and more serious) note, I've already given my presentation (a TED Talk) almost a week ago now. It wasn't my best, but it wasn't too bad either I guess. It could've been worse. Not to complain, but the stage was too small and slippery for me to be able to perform to my best ability. Besides, this isn't the fault of the stage. I could’ve brought rosin for the slipperiness and practiced on the stage to get used to dancing in the tight space.

For those of you who didn’t get to watch my presentation (or just didn’t get it), the whole thing was basically a metaphor for the ballet The Nutcracker, with me as Clara and my project as the nutcracker/prince. It sound pretty cool on paper, but honestly the script wasn’t too great. I went on the first day of presentations, and I wasn’t too prepared. After watching so many other presentations, I definitely could’ve included a much more powerful message.

I ended my presentation with a short excerpt of my dance since the “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” is one of the last dances of the ballet. For those of you that have only seen my presentation and not the full video, please check it out on my previous post! I promise it’s much, much better, even though it’s not that good by professional standard. That says something about how my performance during my presentation was… When I got off stage after answering questions, all that I could think was, “Omigod I fell. I forgot the choreography and I fell.” Apparently, nobody noticed, but anyone trained in ballet would be able to tell. But anyways, what happened happened. It won’t do good to dwell on it too much. I’ll need to work on performing solo after this project is over.

So… I guess this is it. The final goodbye. No more blogging (at least for this project anyways).

Thanks to all of my readers and to anyone who’s commented! Goodbye!
~Nicole

Resources:
http://www.matsmatsmats.com/images/gymnastics/ballet/rosin-box-lg.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I loved your presentation. It definitely stood out - I loved how you told a story. Everything connected to your final performance, and it flowed really well. It was really cool because you took your audience on a journey. Your project idea was so unique, and I think that really paid off. I think choreography could turn into a pretty cool hobby!

    ReplyDelete